NEW OWNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED JUNE 1st 2021
Meet Our Faculty
We have a great team of amazing individuals with over 100 years of experience between us all! Come learn, have fun and fall in love with your Life & Career!
Instructors at IIMT are highly qualified and active within their respective fields; each has extensive experience as a business owner within the holistic wellness community. This allows them to continue to pursue personal and professional growth both locally and nationwide. Their dedication to providing on going care and quality instruction are critical to the successful learning environment. The smooth sailing of the Institute is done by the Director of Education and her assistant Cindy Joslin. Together they create a synergist for all school Administration, Community and Student Outreach.
Jasmine Kinney: NCMT, LMP, CH
Business, Goal Setting & Successful Marketing:
- Students learn valuable skills to set goals.
- Students learn to create effective business plans
- Students learn to overcome personal challenges to fulfill their potential
- Above all, students learn to be authentic and identify what motivates them
Anatomy & Physiology:
Students learn systems of the:
- Cells,Skeletal, Cardiovascular, Muscular, Integumentary, Renal, Digestive, Reproductive, Lymphatic, Respiratory, Endocrine Limbic, Brain and Cranial Nerves
- How each system is altered by massage and when
- Pathologies and Contraindications.
Massage Theory and Practice
- Students learn that knowledge of body mechanics is
- necessary to understand and properly utilize massage techniques
- Students learn to perform a Swedish 120 minute signature massage
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage MLD
- Myofascial Release MFR
- Passive Positional Release PPR
- Neuromuscular Technique
- Intro to basic Swedish gymnastics massage
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Hot stone Massage - Russian Hot towels - Luxor SPA therapies
- Sports Massage / Chair Massage
- Pre-Post Natal
- Pre-Post Surgery
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Students learn how to create an assessment and execution of a client service plan along with medical charting and reporting. Professional multi therapist practitioner communication and relationship management.
- Students learn the structure, use, and availability of 125 accessible muscles
- Students learn placement, movement, and palpation
- Students learn advanced kinetic testing, injury assessment, and orthopedic testing for injury recovery.
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Passive Positional Release
- Neuromuscular Techniques
- Deep Tissue Muscle Engagement
Eastern Theory, Acupressure, Tai Chi, & Traditional Chinese Medicine ( 100 hours )
Joe Siuda: M.A., L.Ac.
Private Practice - Golden Compass Oriental Medicine
Joe's course in Eastern Medical Theory covers the Chinese Clock - Meridians and Elements, Gua Sha and Cupping, and one hour of Tai Chi per class. This course is 100 hours. Joe has been teaching for IIMT since 2012
Joseph Siuda is a licensed acupuncturist in the State of Idaho and holds a Master's Degree in Oriental Medicine. He uses acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, and Tai Chi movement to promote optimal health and well-being in his clients.
"My passion for Tai Chi and Taoist philosophy led me to study at the Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Austin, where I earned a Master‘s degree in 2004. I was certified to teach Tai Chi in 1999 by the Peaceful Dragon School of Tai Chi Chuan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. My current teacher is Dr. Don Lee Schurman of the Sleeping Tiger School of Internal Arts, Idaho Falls.
I first became interested in the healing arts through my involvement in Shorinji Kempo, a Japanese martial art where acupressure was taught alongside techniques for self-defense. In my twenties I discovered Tai Chi, where Taoist philosophy is embodied in graceful movement and health and self defense benefits are united in one art.
My Master’s thesis research on the Japanese use of Chinese Herbs as a cultural anthropology student further ignited my interest in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which led me to pursue formal training in 2001 at the Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Health and information is freedom.
At its heart, TCM is a very practical healing system. Once the language barrier is overcome and a few key concepts are introduced Chinese Medicine is simple to understand. My goal is to demystify TCM and empower patients to take charge of their own health."
Cindy Joslin LMT,CH
Director Assistant & Substitute
Lisa Arnald-Davenport LMT,CYI-IIMT Graduate
Massage Theory & Practice
Reflexology ( 50 hours)
Self Care & Yoga (16 hours)
Anna Larsen LMT - ISU Graduate
Thai Theory (100 hours)
Anatomy & Physiology
Manual Lymphatic Drainage ( 8 hours)
Darby Zollinger LMT - IIMT Graduate