Meet Our Faculty
We have a great team of amazing individuals with over 100 years of experience between us all! Come learn, have fun and fall in love with your life!
Instructors at IIMT are highly qualified and active within their respective fields; each has extensive experience as a business owner within the holistic wellness community. This allows them to continue to pursue personal and professional growth both locally and nationwide. Their dedication to providing on going care and quality instruction are critical to the successful learning environment. The smooth sailing of the Institute is done by the Director of Education and her assistant Melanie Blackburn. Together they create a synergist for all school Administration, Community and Student Outreach.
School Founder / Director of Education
Jasmine Kinney: NCMT, LMP, CH
Private Practice - Healing Phoenix Massage since 1999
A dedicated practitioner and business owner, Jasmine brings the full spirit of "intentful living" to all of her endeavors. Jasmine is motivated by the principles of kindness, and of "leading by example" in the journey of authentic self and experience. She uses the power of laughter, and an open heart, to motivate and guide her students to overcome fear and doubt, and to help them achieve true healing for themselves and those around them.
Jasmine is 37 years young and committed to living life to the fullest with excellence and compassion. Her career includes experience in Professional Athletics, Hospice Care, Assisted Living, Special Olympics, and Concierge private practice. Jasmine has traveled the world with a sense of adventure and yearning to always learn from exciting and extensive opportunities. Enjoying the freedom and responsibility her industry affords, she has learned from masters and engaged herself in the deeper human connection. Jasmine began her Naturopathic - Health Science Master Studies Spring of 2018.
Providing an authentic and real atmosphere infused with FUN, Jasmine has been teaching since 2004
Business, Goal Setting & Successful Marketing:
- Students learn valuable skills to set goals.
- Students learn to create effective business plans
- Students learn to overcome personal challenges to fulfill their potential
- Above all, students learn to be authentic and identify what motivates them
Anatomy & Physiology:
Students learn systems of the:
- Cells,Skeletal, Cardiovascular, Muscular, Integumentary, Renal, Digestive, Reproductive, Lymphatic, Respiratory, Endocrine Limbic, Brain and Cranial Nerves
- How each system is altered by massage and when
- Pathologies and Contraindications.
Massage Theory and Practice
- Students learn that knowledge of body mechanics is
- necessary to understand and properly utilize massage techniques
- Students learn to perform a Swedish 120 minute signature massage
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage MLD
- Myofascial Release MFR
- Passive Positional Release PPR
- Neuromuscular Technique
- Intro to basic Swedish gymnastics massage
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Hot stone Massage - Russian Hot towels - Luxor SPA therapies
- Sports Massage / Chair Massage
- Pre-Post Natal
- Pre-Post Surgery
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Basics to Energetic Concepts ( with options for extension program )
- Students learn how to create an assessment and execution of a client service plan along with medical charting and reporting. Professional multi therapist practitioner communication and relationaship managment.
- Students learn the structure, use, and availability of 125 accessible muscles
- Students learn placement, movement, and palpation
- Students learn advanced kinetic testing, injury assessment, and orthopedic testing for injury recovery.
- Trigger Point Therapy
Eastern Theory, Acupressure, Tai Chi, & Traditional Chinese Medicine ( 100 hours )
Joe Siuda: M.A., L.Ac.
Private Practice - Golden Compass Oriental Medicine
Joe's course in Eastern Medical Theory covers the Chinese Clock - Meridians and Elements, Gua Sha and Cupping, and one hour of Tai Chi per class. This course is 100 hours.
Joseph Siuda is a licensed acupuncturist in the State of Idaho and holds a Master's Degree in Oriental Medicine. He uses acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, and Tai Chi movement to promote optimal health and well-being in his clients.
"My passion for Tai Chi and Taoist philosophy led me to study at the Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Austin, where I earned a Master‘s degree in 2004. I was certified to teach Tai Chi in 1999 by the Peaceful Dragon School of Tai Chi Chuan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. My current teacher is Dr. Don Lee Schurman of the Sleeping Tiger School of Internal Arts, Idaho Falls.
I first became interested in the healing arts through my involvement in Shorinji Kempo, a Japanese martial art where acupressure was taught alongside techniques for self-defense. In my twenties I discovered Tai Chi, where Taoist philosophy is embodied in graceful movement and health and self defense benefits are united in one art.
My Master’s thesis research on the Japanese use of Chinese Herbs as a cultural anthropology student further ignited my interest in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which led me to pursue formal training in 2001 at the Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Health and information is freedom.
At its heart, TCM is a very practical healing system. Once the language barrier is overcome and a few key concepts are introduced Chinese Medicine is simple to understand. My goal is to demystify TCM and empower patients to take charge of their own health."
Melanie Blackburn LMP
Self Care for the Therapist and Yoga
Michelle Fletcher ,LMT,CYI, BIO COMING SOON
Alyson Welsh Natoni BIO COMING SOON